Activecast orthopaedic fiberglass casting tape
Brand/Mfr. : Visit Vissco Store
- Provides support to ankle, legs, foot, arm, elbow, knee , fracture.
- Porous and breathable material allow air to flow in and out
- Designed with excellent moulding
- Made up of high quality knitted fiberglass fabric.
- Cost effective, lighter, more durable casting tape.
Orthopaedic fiberglass casting tape is made of knitted fiberglass fabric and water-activated polyurethane resin. Used for orthopaedic applications where rigid immobilization is required,including fresh or unstable fracture.
MRP: You Save: 57.00
- Fiberglass material and X-rays with it the fracture can be seen through it .
- Provides Improved cast fitting and appearance.
- Requires lesser number of rolls which in turn saves time and money.
- Designed with Superior multi-directional stretch properties.
- Five times stronger and five times lighter than Plaster of Paris bandage cast
- Made up of Highly conformable, Water-resistant and porous material.
- Available in 4 colors – White, Orange, Blue and Pink.
Directions for use
Gloves must be worn while wrapping casting tape, because resin in the tape will adhere to the skin
- Select proper width of the cast
- Open only 1 roll at a time
- Immerse the roll tape in water with room temperature for 5-10 seconds and squeeze 3-5 times.
- Construct the cast by wrapping spirally and make just 3 or 4 layers for non-a right bearing cast and 5 to 6 layers for weight bearing cast.
- About 3 to 4 minutes after immersion in water the cast is rigid enough to prevent further moulding.
- Smooth and rub the tape to achieve good adhesion.
- Store in a dry place
- Exposure to moisture or water initiates a chemical reaction which causes it to become rigid.
Made of knitted fiberglass fabric and water-activated polyurethane resin.It is a multi-layered bandage used to prevent broken or injured bones from moving so that they can heal correctly.
Used for orthopaedic applications in which rigid immobilization is required and used for external fixation of fracture.
Sealable plastic bag can be fit over a cast to keep it safe from water.
Yes, this is water resistant. Also porous that allows air to flow in and out.
Excellent X-ray translucency because X-ray can be seen through it better.