Dr. Odin Electric Ortho Heating Pad
Brand/Mfr. : Visit Dr. Odin Store
- Ideal for use on the back, neck, shoulder and abdomen
- Provides an instant heat-up with dual safety
- Heating Levels are 0=Off , 1=Low Heat, 2=High Heat
- Flexible and long-lasting electric ortho heating pad
- Made of soft-touch and skin-friendly material
- Has a long connecting cable and is convenient to use
- Pad Size: 10”x13”(25x33cm)Approx.
Dr. Odin Ortho Heating pad is one of the best sources of relief for back, neck, shoulder, abdominal and other parts. It is used to reduce pain and strain or over-exerted muscles or pain due to any injury.
- Warms your body for efficient pain management.
- Localized application of heat dilates the blood vessels enhancing perfusion to the targeted tissue.
- Applying heat can help reduce pain and strain or over-exerted muscles.
- Increases blood flow to the painful areas.
- Opens up blood vessels, which allows blood and oxygen to flow more rapidly to the sore areas and gives recovery.
- Reduce muscle spasms as well, causing the muscles, ligaments, and tendons to relax.
Directions For Use:
- Turn on the flap covering the socket on the gel and plug in the connector cord.
- After switching on, a red light (indicator) starts immediately showing heating is in process.
- Wait for the gel pad to reach the desired temperature. The heat pad is ready to use.
- Take all precautions as you would take while using any electric device
- Avoid using when the pad is charging and is connected to the socket
- Store it properly once the pad cools down
- If there is any leakage, it must not be used
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight
Dr.Odin’s Electric Ortho Heating pads tend to provide heat at lower temperatures but maintain that same level of heat for a longer period of time (45 to 60 minutes).
Due to the incorporation of flexible cabling, containing an overheating protection as well as proven safety materials and low EMF(Electromotive Force), it is guaranteed that this heating pad does not present a source of danger if used correctly.
Leaving Dr.Odin’s Electric Ortho heating pad on for too long can result in injury from burns and can potentially create a scenario of extreme inflammation in the body as the dilated blood vessels bring pro-inflammatory cells to the area warmed.
First of all, do not use heat on acute injuries because that extra heat can increase inflammation and delay proper healing. When dealing with injuries, it’s best to predominantly choose ice if the injury is acute (less than 6 weeks old).
If you use a heating pad on a high setting, remove after 15 to 30 minutes to avoid burns. On a low setting, you can use the heating pad for a longer period, maybe up to one hour.
If you’re using a heating pad in bed, turn it off before going to sleep and make sure it’s not underneath blankets, pillows, or anything flammable.