Medela Calesca Warming and Thawing Device
Brand: Visit medela Store
- Waterless warming and thawing device for breast milk.
- Special care for your baby in the NICU (Newborn Intensive Care Unit).
- Provides gentle warming process to preserve natural nutrients.
- Designed with flexible feed preparation times.
- Minimizes the risk of mix-ups.
- Easy, convenient and time saving device.
- Can accommodate all medela bottles and containers
- Specially designed device for baby’s individual care in the NICU (Neonatal / Newborn Intensive CAre Unit) helps to optimize and standardize human milk processes.
- Maintains the integrity of breast milk by warming it with consistent temperature and not exposing it to high heat.
- The disposable insert of the device hygienically holds a bottle or syringe in place.
- With this, the milk can be warmed up to three different temperatures: room, refrigerator or freezer temperature.
- Frozen milk can be thawed with its thawing operation quickly to refrigerator temperature so that the milk can then be portioned and used throughout the day.
- Accommodates all bottles up to 250 ml (plastic or glass) with a maximum height of 161 mm and syringes up to 60 ml (plastic).
- Will keep the milk warm for up to 30 minutes after the completion of a warming cycle without compromising milk integrity.
- Eliminates the risk of contamination through contact with water by circulating warm air in an enclosed chamber.
Directions of Use
- Remove Medela disposable inserts from plastic bag.
- Open the lid of the device to fix the insert; expand the insert prior to installing it into the device. Bend the insert at the hinge and place it into position. Securely install insert using the tabs located on the back and front of the device.
- Evenly spread the insert within warmer; note that for good air flow and accurate warming, the insert should be spread out against the inner walls of the device.
- Place the tray, flat-side down, into the bottom of the device.
- Make sure insert is installed and insert tray is properly seated in device.
- Place the container on the center of the tray in the device and close the lid; always use a lid on the milk storage container.
- Note the volume of milk to be warmed; you should use the proper size container in comparison to the volume of breast milk or supplement being warmed, because small amounts of breast milk or supplement in large containers can reduce warming efficiency.
- Connect the plug to the socket. Press On / Off button to turn on the device. Look at the LCD display to confirm the device is in “WARM” mode.
- Select the milk starting temperature (refrigerated, room, or frozen) by using the right / left arrow keys. Press the enter button enter to confirm the starting temperature. Then, use the right / left arrows to enter the volume of milk to be warmed (If you hold down the left or right arrow key, it will decrease or increase in increments of 10 ml). Press the enter button enter to confirm volume.
- When the warming cycle is complete, the visual indicator on the device will flash green and the audible indicator (if not muted) will chime.
- The device will automatically go into a holding cycle for up to 30 minutes. During the holding cycle, warm air that is maintained at body temperature will continue to circulate in the unit to ensure that the milk does not cool prior to feeding. The visual indicator will continue to flash green. The audible indicator (if not muted) will chime every 5 minutes until hold cycle time expires. Remove the milk before the hold cycle expires.
- For thaw, you should select “THAW” instead of “WARM” and the process will be same; when the thawing cycle is complete, the warming action will automatically shut off. The visual indicator will continue to flash green and the audible indicator (if not muted) will chime every 15 seconds. Remove milk immediately while ice crystals are present.
- The device defaults to warm mode.
- The device initially defaults to the milk starting temperature (symbol refrigerated) (refrigerated) based on 4 ˚C or 39.2 ˚F.
- Device will not operate if insert is not installed correctly.
- Do not warm using breast milk storage bags.
- Refer the enclosed manual carefully.
- The device should be cleaned prior to first use.
- Always, keep the device dry and clean.
- Should not be placed in direct sunlight.
- Do not place in or drop unit into water or other liquid.
- Never attempt to repair the device yourself.
- Operate the device only in an upright position.
- The device should never be left unattended when plugged into an electric outlet.
- Not recommended for outdoor uses.
- Do not store or use this product where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- Don’t warm milk with a feeding device (e.g. Calmita or teat) on the bottle.
- Disinfect the device using wipes or a lint-free cloth; don’t spray or pour liquid directly onto the device.
- While cleaning, device should be turned off and unplugged.
- The medela disposable inserts for the device are single patient use care items.
- Keep out of reach of children
You can use medela calesca warming and thawing device to warm breast milk when the baby is in NICU (Newborn Intensive Care Unit)
Yes, you can fix medela calesca warming & thawing device to the IV pole; don’t overload the IV pole with excess equipment that may cause a tipping hazard and don’t place the device on IV pole at a height over 1.5m (5 feet) to minimize the potential for tipping during operation.
The medela calesca warming & thawing device is designed with automatically turn off after 10 minutes if the device is switched on and not running a cycle.
No. You should not warm using breast milk storage bags in this device.
Yes. It is important to fix the insert properly as the device will not operate if insert is not installed correctly.
This device can accommodate all storage bottles up to 250 ml (plastic or glass) with a maximum height of 161 mm and syringes up to 60 ml (plastic).
Good customer support
Cureka is the only online platform I have seen selling baby powder products with great offers and limited time free delivery.
Good customer interaction too. Loved it.
Great offers ..quick delivery
Recently I ordered Similac advance 2, material delivered on time and receive securely.
Good service and customer relation helpdesk.
Good genuine products
Recently placed nan excella pro. Products are genuine and received the product but a day delay. Apart from I will try again. One thing I would like to mention here the packing is really good. Good one. Thank you!.
My one-stop shop for Health care needs
My personal experience with CUREKA is amazing. It is one of the most convenient way to get healthcare products and their contact support helps to order without any problem. Save money on good quality products.
Good offers and discounts
My father is diabetic and I order sugar test strips in CUREKA. The Price of strips is also discounted which is lesser than our local area medicine shop and I got it with free home delivery within given time period.
For genuine products in healthcare CUREKA is my first choice. As a sportsperson I ordered elbow support and sports sunscreen from CUREKA. Now am ordering my sunscreen for 2nd time in cureka.
Got products replaced easily
By mistake I ordered wrong size varicose vein stockings. CUREKA customer service guided me in returning the product and I got the correct size back. Thank you CUREKA for the service and price.