Tips to handle sensitive teethCureka
- Common cause of sensitive teeth is gum disease. Gum disease results in receding gums that lead to sensitive teeth. Best way to prevent it is by taking good oral care.
- Avoid food deposition on gums by brushing properly twice daily.
- Use interdental aids like floss and interdental brush to remove food trapped between teeth. Avoid using pins as it can injure your gums and cause recession.
- Brush using a soft brush. Vigorous and improper brushing cause enamel wear that in turn increases sensitivity.
- If you have sensitivity you can use sensitive tooth pastes for brushing twice daily.
- For age related tooth wear & persistent sensitivity consult a dentist online. Your dentist may suggest a root canal treatment fluoride gel or crown or a filling as per you need.
- Avoid extremes of temperature till your problem resolves to avoid discomfort. Some people can have sensitivity to air and sweet. Avoid them too.