Meet the Founders
Dr Sathish Devadoss,
M.BB.S., M.S., Ortho, M.Ch., Orth(UK),FASIF(Aust).,
Joint Managing Director | Wedjat Health Solutions
Dr Sathish Devadoss is primarily an Orthopedic Surgeon who completed his under graduation and masters in India and later underwent special training in orthopedic surgery in Germany, United Kingdom, France and Australia. He came back to India in 2002 and started his practice in Institute of Orthopedics in Madurai and later as a Consultant at Apollo Hospital, Madurai. Currently he is the Medical Director of Devadoss Multispecialty Hospitals
He specializes in Joint replacement surgery, Arthroscopy, Fracture surgery, Microscopic spine surgery, Computerized Orthopedic Surgery, Limb reconstructive surgery, pediatric orthopedic surgery to name a few.
He has presented scientific papers in many national and International conferences and in scientific journals. He regularly teaches orthopedics to post-graduates in orthopedics in the hospital which is a recognized post-graduate institute for DNB(Ortho) New Delhi.
In 2007, along with his father Prof .A .Devadoss and wife Dr Hems, he started the Devadoss Hospitals Pvt Ltd, a 120 bed private multispecialty hospital at Madurai. The hospital has 22 full time consultants and over 75 visiting consultants and more than 250 employees work there. The hospital is a fully equipped modern Multi-specialty medical Centre with 4 modern operation theaters, 18 Intensive care beds, 6 Neonatal intensive care beds, 4 slice CT scan, Cathlab, 4 dialysis machines, Automatic Laboratory, Digital X-Rays ,Labor theatres with consultants in all specialties.
A philanthropist by nature he has conducted many free medical camps and performed more the 200 free surgeries for children with deformities. He is the Managing trustee of Annamalai-Padmavathy trust started in his grandparents name which helps many poor patients and also runs a nursing college.
The TamilnaduDr MGR medical university recognizing his activities and service to society awarded the “ Best Doctor Award “ to him in 2012.
Dr Hema Sathish Devadoss
Managing Director | Wedjat Health Solutions
Dr Hema Sathish is a talented multi faceted Dermatologist based out of Madurai ,Tamil Nadu, India .She completed her under graduation from Annamalai University and completed her Diploma from University of Wales in Cardiff in United Kingdom. After training in various forms of Cosmetic Dermatology in UK and other parts of the world she came back to India and started sanche cosmetic centre, the first of its clinic in Southern Tamilnadu. he started laser therapy for many skin treatments and was the first to introduce Botox and other skin rejuvenating therapies in Tamilnadu as early as 2002.
Dr Hema Sathish has interest in many activities including social service and in other management organisations. She was the chairperson of young Indians which was a organisation of young people which is started by confederation of Indian industry she was also the past chairperson of ladies circle India number 8 where a lot of social services activities are done.
Her entrepreneurial spirit has made her start three companies Devdoss hospital private limited Sanska Agro and Infrastructure Private Limited and Wedjat Healthcare Services Private Limited she is the managing director of all the three companies and she runs all three of them Aplomb making them very successful companies. She has been many awards for her leadership qualities and women empowerment.
- Clinical training at University of Wales college of Medicine Hospital, with Prof. Marks and Prof. Finlay who are world authorities in Skin diseases.
- Clinical training at Cellite Clinic, Cardiff with Dr. Harryona Judoi hoajo.
- Dermatologic Laser surgery Training with Dr.Shoan Lanigan, Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend, UK.
- Advanced laser training at Laser clinic 2000 in London with Dr.Naqvi.
- Clinical training in Botox therapy, liposuction and fat transfer technique under Dr.Jeyaprakash, Harley Street, London 2003.
- Training in Melanocyte transplant technique for Vitiligo from Dr.Mullekar, Mumbai.
Conferences and workshops attended
- Workshop on photo-chemotherapy at Royal Gwent Hospital, Wales UK- April 2001
- Conference on Genito-urinary Medicine at Singleton Hospital ,Swansea,UK-May 2001
- CME on Blistering Diseases of Skin, Oxford Radcliffe Center, Oxford, England – march 2001
- Annual conference of Cosmetology society of India, Goa 2003.
- Workshop on Hair transplant, Pune 2003.Annual Conference of Indian Association of Dermatology and Venereology, Mumbai 2004.
- Photocon workshop on Photochemotherapy Bangalore 2004.
- Active Member: IACD : International Academy of Cosmetic Dermatologists
- Life Member: CSI : Cosmetology Society of India
- Life Member: IADVL: Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venerologists and Leprologists
- Member of Association of Cutaneous Surgeons of India.
- The International Society of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons Inc.