The basic function of a shampoo is to cleanse the scalp remove extra sebum and improve hair quality.
Shampoos are composed of 10-30 ingredients of which 4 are present in almost all shampoos:
- Cleansing agents
- Stabilising agents and preservatives
- Conditioning agents to keep the hair soft and manageable
- Special care ingredients or Additives to treat certain conditions.
The additives to mention a few would include
- UV absorbers, like benzophenone
- Antioxidants like ascorbic acid and α-tocopherol
- Anti seborrhoea agents like ketoconazole, ciclopirox olamine, zinc pyrithione, and piroctone olamine
- Scalp Psoriasis treatment with tar derivates and salicylic acid
- Anti infective agents poly-vinyl-pyrrolidone, iodine complex, menthol and colloidal sulfur
The combination of cosmetic technology and medical therapy extends the benefits of the cosmetic products and helps one to select the right kind of shampoo for their specific problems to maintain a healthy scalp.
Cureka enlists the wide range of these shampoos to help you make the right choice.