Dyna® TopPhil Cervical Immobilizer – Small
Brand/Mfr. : Visit Dyna Store
- Ideal for post spinal cord injury.
- Effectively immobilizes the cervical spine.
- Prevents head and neck movements.
- Two piece design for easy application.
- Has large trachea opening for tracheotomy.
- Available in 4 different sizes: S, M, L and XL.
TopPhil cervical immobilizer (Philadelphia collar) with large trachea opening for quick access to carotid pulse monitoring and allows the use of an endo-tracheal tube; should be used under medical supervision.
- TopPhil cervical immobilizer is also known as Philadelphia collar, used to support and stabilize the head & neck after an injury / surgery.
- Will be beneficial in post cervical surgery, post trauma immobilization, disc herniation, cervical nerve root irritation, spondylolisthesis, severe cervical sprain, cervical fracture and spinal cord injury.
- Effectively locks the movement of neck by holding chin and upper chest region.
- Keeps the head and neck in the correct position after a spinal cord injury (SCI) and gives the injured spinal column and the ligaments time to heal.
- Made of hard plastic material with hook and loop closure.
- Two parts design with adjustable strap to ensure proper fit; consists of a front piece with a chin cup and a curved back piece that fits against the lower part of the skull (head).
- Helps to keep the neck and head in the correct position after a spinal cord injury (SCI).
- X-ray lucent immobilizer allows X-ray to be taken without removing the collar.
- Has anterior tracheal opening for emergency tracheotomy and provides access to carotid pulse.
Directions of Use
- Align the front and back pieces of the collar with the arrows pointing upward around your neck; ensure that the chin is rested on the chin support.
- Tighten the collar with the bilateral-hook and loop closure adjustment.
Small – 30 to 34 cm
Medium – 34 to 38 cm
Large – 38 to 42 cm
X large – 42 to 46 cm
Measure your neck circumference
- To clean, wipe it with a dry cloth.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Philadelphia collar is a cervical support used to limit the movements of neck and head area after cervical injury / surgery.
No. Mostly, it is a type of hard collar that effectively restrict the motions of neck and has two pieces of design attached with hook and loop straps.
Yes. TopPhil cervical immobilizer is same as Philadelphia collar.
TopPhil cervical immobilizer should be used in the cases of post cervical surgery, post trauma immobilization, disc herniation, cervical nerve root irritation, spondylolisthesis, severe cervical sprain, cervical fracture and spinal cord injury.
Dyna TopPhil cervical immobilizer (Philadelphia collar) is available in 4 different sizes such as S, M, L and XL. Measure your neck circumference and choose accordingly.
Dyna TopPhil cervical immobilizer (Philadelphia collar) is made of hard plastic material with hook and loop closure.
You should wear Philadelphia collar until your doctor told to do so. But, you can take off Philadelphia collar once a day and clean your face, neck and collar; at the same time don’t forget to follow your doctor’s instructions.