Flamingo Cervical Collar With Neck Support (Height Adjustable) – Large
Brand/Mfr. : Visit Flamingo Store
- Rigid orthopedic support to immobilize the neck region.
- Made of malleable soft plastic with well cushioned chin support.
- Height can be adjusted as per the neck’s length.
- Lightweight and easy to clean.
- Available sizes S,M,L,XL,2XL.
Rigid support that places the neck and head in position, the chin is cushioned and moulded well; Recommended for cervical issues and can be used during travel, watching TV or reading.
- Immobilizes the neck in the flexion (forward), extension (backward) and hyperextension position.
- Anatomical shape, comfortable cushioned edge with adjustable height using fasteners comforts and supports the user.
- Ensures perfect fitting, improves immobilization and enhances comfort.
- Extremely light in weight and ensures long functional life.
- Measure the distance between chin and sternum in extended position and if it is below 7 cms go for Small size, 7-10cms medium, 10-12 cms large, 12-14 cms xlarge, 14 cms and above 2XL.
Direction of use:
- Place the chin parallel to the floor.
- Open the hook and loop strap, rest the chin in chin cup.
- Increase or decrease the height of the collar if required.
- Fasten the hook and loop.
- Do not wear the collar too tight.
- Can be wiped clean.
Supports and protects your neck post injury and keeps it in alignment to promote faster healing.
Neck injury due to rapid back and forth movement of the neck due to trauma, accident, sports injury and so on.
Cervical collars are to be used under medical advice and do not wear if your orthopedician does not recommend.
Wearing a collar gives temporary relief from the discomfort caused by herniated disc but in general collars are not a treatment or cure. So consult doctor in case of herniated disc.
Physiotherapy if done as advised by a physiotherapist helps to strengthen and stretch the neck to give pain relief. Traction given by physical therapist gently extends the neck, opening the space between cervical vertebrae and temporarily alleviates pressure on the affected disc. To perform at home you can do simple stretches like tilting the neck towards the shoulder on each side for 5 seconds.
Made up of malleable plastic and so can be wiped with damp cloth to clean it. Not necessary to wash.
Cushioned edge with foam does not cause any discomfort for the wearer.