Medela Swing Maxi™ – Double Electric Breast Pump
Brand/Mfr. : Visit Medela Store
- Double electric breast pump for regular pumping.
- Saves time and energy.
- Included two sets of breast shields (size 21 mm and size 24 mm).
- Shown to increase milk volume than single breast pump.
- Designed with rechargeable built in battery.
- Easy and simple to assemble and clean.
- Has 4 button intuitive for convenient operation
Stylish Swing Maxi™ double electric breast pump is designed with advanced features helps to collect breast milk from both breasts simultaneously in an effortless way and saves your time; will be beneficial for moms who have flat or inverted nipple and who need to store breast milk to feed the baby.
- Double electric breast pump allows you to express milk from both breasts simultaneously.
- Proven to yield 18% more milk than single pumping in one session.
- Designed with 2-phase Expression® technology and includes PersonalFix Flex™ breast shields of two different sizes.
- You can do single pumping or double pumping as per your requirement with this.
- Swing Maxi™ double electric breast pump is designed with 4-button intuitive and 9 pre-programmed settings to provide customized usage.
- 2-phase Expression® mimics baby’s natural sucking rhythms; this ensures comfortable feel.
- PersonalFit Flex™ breast shield has 105-degree opening angle, soft rim and oval shape for a better fit, puts less pressure on your milk ducts than traditional breast shields.
- This breast shield can be easily adjusted to fit the breast and results in a more effective and comfortable pumping experience.
- You can adjust the vaccum level (increase / decrease) with the buttons (+ / -) easily as per your comfort level.
- Its closed system prevents milk from entering the tube, overflowing or leaking
- As it comes with built in rechargeable battery which can provide up to 6 pumping sessions in one full recharge.
- 1 x Swing Maxi motor unit
- 2 x 150 ml bottle with lid
- 2 x Bottle stand
- 2 x PersonalFit Flex™ connector
- 2 x PersonalFit Flex™ breast shield (size 21 mm)
- 2 x PersonalFit Flex™ breast shield (size 24 mm)
- 1 x USB charging cable
- 1 x USB power adapter
- 1 x Instruction for use for Swing Maxi
Directions of Use
- Assemble all the parts of the pump carefully for single pumping / double pumping as per your requirement (refer the enclosed leaflet for better understanding).
- Place the breast shields on your breasts so that the nipple is properly centered in the tunnel.
- Hold the breast shield and connector onto your breast with your thumb and index finger.
- Support your breast with the palm of your hand.
- Start pumping by pressing On / Pause / Off button.
- The stimulation phase begins and the status light is flashing, once you press start button.
- Adjust the vacuum with the buttons (+ / -) as per your comfort.
- As soon as your milk begins to flow, press the Let-down button (upright button); the expression phase begins and the status light is on steadily. NOTE: If the Let-down button is not pressed within one minute, the breast pump will automatically go to expression phase.
- Adjust the vacuum with the buttons (+ / -) to find your maximum comfort vacuum.
- Pause: In both stimulation and expression phase the breast pump can be paused. This allows you to re-adjust yourself or the pump set.
- For pausing, press the On / Pause / Off button while the breast pump is running; then the pumping operation stops and the status light is pulsing.
- To resume pumping, press the On / Pause / Off button again.
- To turn off the breast, press and hold the On / Pause / Off button for two seconds.
- Store the expressed milk safely.
Status light – Mode of pump
- Light is off – Pump is off
- Light is flashing – Pump is on, stimulation phase
- Lights up steadily – Pump is on, expression phase
- Light is pulsing – Pump is on, paused
When the pump is on, the status light appears in different colors according to the battery level:
White – Battery level Good
Yellow – Low, enough to finish one pump session
Red – Very low, charge the battery immediately
- Refer the enclosed manual carefully.
- Wash the components before first use and after each use.
- Sanitize / disinfect the components before first use and once per day.
- Clean the tube separately.
- If the tube becomes mouldy, replace it with a new one.
- If you experience any pain / discomfort while pumping, adjust the vaccum level and consult your doctor.
- Store the expressed milk in a well sterilized bottle / container.
- Don’t clean the pump unit with water; just wipe it with a towel moistened with soapy water or with a dry cloth.
- Do not use the breast milk from bottles or components that show signs of damage.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Medela swing maxi double electric breast pump is shown to increase the volume of the milk by 18% than single pump in one session.
Yes. The closed system in Swing Maxi prevents milk from entering the tube, overflowing or leaking into the pump. This helps to ensure the expressed milk’s safe and clean.
If you express milk regularly, a double electric breast pump will be perfect for you as it helps you to save time with your pumping sessions.
No. You should not; repeated freeze or thaw cycles can destroy the structure of the milk.
It is normal to experience some swelling or more blood flow to the breast when you begin to pumping, it will go back to normalcy once you wean from the pump.
If your Medela Swing Maxi breast pump losing suction; check the following parameters,
- Make sure all pump set components are clean and completely dry and fixed correctly.
- While pumping, make sure the breast shields form a secure seal around your breast.
- If single pumping, make sure that the unused tubing end is correctly plugged into the tubing holder as there is no gap or small air vent which can affect the suction.
There is no special cleaning process needed, just wipe your nipples with a clean cloth.