How effective is water flossing?Cureka
- Flossing once a day is very important for your oral health. But tooth brush can only get rid of 60% of all debris in the mouth flossing gets the rest. Water flossing is means of using water to help you do that magic.
- It covers more area of tooth than string flossing and is good for flushing junk from in and around your teeth. Food debris from your outer tooth and in between tooth is effectively removed compared to string flosses. However it has to be combined with manual or electric tooth brushing for effective care.
- Added advantage is that it helps to remove bacteria from periodontal pockets which brushes and string flosses fail to do.
- Best care is provided for patients undergoing orthodontic treatment with braces, periodontal maintenance & implants.
- Harm to gums caused by wrong string floss technique can be surpassed while using water floss.