- Principle constituents are Lectins , Charantin and Momordicine .
- Had action similar to Insulin thus helps in glucose metabolism.
- Helps maintain sugar level in diabetes patients .
- Stimulates the liver to regulate the secretions of bile juices.
- Promotes secretion of digestive juices which helps easier digestion.
- Eases constipation and in turn helps in treating hemorrhoids, fissures, and fistulas.
- Destroys worms in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Purifies blood and protects from infection.