Medela SpecialNeeds Feeder
Brand/Mfr. : Visit Medela Store
- Specially designed feeder for infants with cleft palate or poor sucking strength.
- Supports oral feeding of the babies.
- Helps mothers to feed their babies more effectively.
- Can be used with teats of two different sizes.
- Provides three different flows (zero flow, medium flow and maximum flow).
Medela specialneeds feeder designed with one-way valve helps to feed babies who are unable to create a vacuum due to cleft lip, cleft palate, certain syndromes or neurological disorders.
- Medela specialneeds feeder designed to ensure successful feeding of infants with cleft palate or poor sucking strength.
- Provides variable and easily controllable milk flow; you can change the milk flow as per your baby’s requirement.
- The line mark on the teat helps to understand different levels of flow.
- Allows you to feed the baby when they cannot create vaccum to extract the feed.
- Its one way valve design prevents air from entering the teat.
Directions of Use
- Assemble all the parts of the feeder carefully (refer the enclosed manual for pictorial representation).
- Pour warm milk / water into the feeder which is well sterilized already.
- Feed your baby with required flow rate (adjust flow rate as per your baby’s need).
- Inspect all the components before each use; throw away at the first signs of damage, mould or weakness.
- Disinfect before first use and once a day.
- Disassemble the feeder into its individual parts and clean all parts immediately after use.
- Only use drinking-quality water for cleaning.
- Always check the temperature of the liquid before feeding.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children.
A cleft palate is a split or opening in the roof of the mouth of the baby; this occurs when the tissue doesn’t fuse together during development in the womb.
You can use medela specialneeds feeder as it is specially designed to ensure successful feeding of babies with cleft palate or poor sucking strength.
It is specially designed to allow baby to use compression when they cannot create vaccum to suck the milk; its valve opens when a slightest compression is give by the baby.
In medela specialneeds feeder, the shortest line represents zero flow, medium line for medium flow and the largest line for maximum flow; to select a specific flow rate, point the corresponding line on the teat towards your baby’s nose.
It is important to sterilize your baby’s essentials during the first year of your baby’s life as they are more prone to infections.