Seborrhoea treatment at homeCureka
- Antifungal agents like ketoconazole 2% or ciclopirox 1% are present in shampoos which control the excessive production of the yeast thus controlling the problem.
- Salicyclic acid has anti keratolytic agents which help in reducing scaling effect on the scalp.
- Sulfur (Selenium sulfide) which is present in the shampoos has both keratolytic and anti microbial action .
- Zinc pyrithione (ZPT) heals the scalp by normalizing the epithelial keratinization (scaling) or sebum production( Oiliness)or both.
- Tar is used in very severe cases of dandruff and scalp psoriasis. This disperses scales, which may reduce the yeast (malasezzia)colonisation.
- Natural agents like tea tree oil, coffee etc are useful to some extent with other agents to control itching and scaling.