Vitamins for hair lossCureka
- Nutritional therapy is an important part of hair care treatment. Nutritional deficiencies of certain vitamins like biotin, folic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin D and certain minerals like iron and zinc have been linked to hair loss.
- Gross deficiency of these, as measured by blood levels, can directly contribute to excessive hair loss, thinning of hair and lustreless hair. But even in healthy people with unexplained hair fall, experimental studies have shown low levels in hair shaft and connective tissue surrounding hair. So supplemental hair centric nutrients help all to some extent.
- Any nutrient therapy works only if taken for a minimum period of six months needed to correct insufficiency and to replenish body stores.
- Gross deficiencies may require longer duration of treatments until after levels normalise, to increase body reserve. In addition, a good diet rich in natural vitamins, minerals and antioxidants goes a long way in maintaining hair growth and hair texture.
- The key is to keep the fruits and vegetables colourful, varied and cooked appropriately to get the maximum out of it.Nuts and seeds are rich sources of many minor nutrients which are not available otherwise in regular foods and so should be consumed at regular intervals.
- Another newer approach is cyclical nutrition therapy, where instead of taking nutrients in a fixed amount everyday which may be in excess of what we need the antioxidants, nutrients and extracts are phased in such a way it is nature identical like a food source. The synergistic nutrients are combined so that they can be absorbed better and utilised effectively.
- An important step in hair restoration treatment involving vitamins, nutrients, hair peptides and above medicines is to wait patiently for the results. It takes anywhere between 3 to 9 months depending on an individual. It is crucial to get checked with a qualified dermatologist for detailed scalp and hair analysis to find the cause for hair shedding and hair loss before trying out remedies and discarding them. Hair disorders are numerous, hair cycles and disruptions are complex hence what may work for one may not suit another. A customised treatment plan and appropriate hair growth serums are helpful for hair restoration.