Do hair serum strengthen your hair?Cureka
Did you know the word Serum is a Latin word which means whey!? Well it has several contexts, and today we refer this to the ones used for growing and strengthening hair.There are several causes for hair loss, to mention a few: Male pattern hair loss (Androgenetic Alopecia/AGA), Female pattern hair loss, hair loss due to aging and the list goes on.
Let’s focus on few types here and how hair growth serums would help. This can be explained by discussing a few ingredients and their actions in improving hair growth:
- Petroleum ether extract of Glycyrrhiza glabra root extract and P. niruri are effective in Male pattern baldness. This acts by inhibiting 5alpha-reductase activity, reversing androgen-induced alopecia by inhibiting conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone which is the main culprit in Male pattern baldness.
- Procapil contains plant-derived substances like oleanolic acid, which inhibits 5α1 and 5α2 reductase enzymes. So effective in Male pattern baldness.
- Capixyl is a biomimetic peptide complex, that is mixed with red clover extract. It acts by increasing hair width and density.
- Redensyl is a mixture of four active ingredients: Dihydroquercetin-glucoside (DHQG), Epigallocatechin gallate- glucoside (EGCG2), glycine and zinc.
- Redensyl, Procapil, and Capixyl (RCP) in an appropriate stoichiometric combination. Which is proven to be as effective as 5% Minoxidil for hair loss as seen in AGA.
- Biotinyl-GHK a vitamin-carrying peptide is formed from biotin. Biotin deficiency is the very cause for hair loss and hair thinning. So when introduced in lotions and serums containing it, can prove helpful.
- Biochanin A is a isoflavone and effective inhibitor of 5α- reductase proving beneficial in Male pattern baldness.
- Thermal Spring Water contains anti-free radical Selenium which inhibits local micro-irritation and its spread to the capillary bulb. This irritation once improved will reduce hair loss.
- Kopexil is a chemical compound similar to minoxidil. It contains arginine, aminexil, and SP94 peptide. Arginine stimulates microcirculation, bringing in essential nutrients for hair bulb growth.
Hair fragility leads to breakage of hair, this has many reasons of which genetic predisposition; weathering from various hair care practices top the list.
- Glycine is essential for the hair shaft structure. It enters directly in the composition of Keratin (protein in hair shaft) associated protein. Zinc once added reinforces hair shaft structure.
- Diluted tea tree oil down the shaft of the hair will help prevent buildup of chemicals and dead skin. This keeps your hair healthy and moisturized, which can help it grow at its normal rate and prevent it from falling out.
These lotions increase the length of the growth phase, acts on the pathology which causes hair loss and thus enhances hair growth. They have to be used for at least 3-6 months or longer periods to see effective results.