What Is The Best Solution For a Sleeping Disorder?Cureka Content1
What is a Sleep Disorder?
A sleep disorder is a condition, which disturbs your regular sleep patterns. You can have over 80 different types of sleep disorders. Some key types consist of:
- Circadian Rhythm Disorders: Difficulties with a sleep-wake cycle. You may not able to sleep as well as wake at the right times
- Hypersomnia: Not able to be awake during your day. It comprises narcolepsy that causes risky daytime sleepiness
- Insomnia: Not able to fall asleep as well as stay asleep. It is the most general sleep disorder.
- Parasomnia: Working in uncommon ways when sleeping, falling asleep, or waking from sleep like talking, walking, or eating
- RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome): A prickly or tingling sensation in the legs, together with a strong urge of moving them
- Sleep Apnea: A breathing disorder where you stop breathing for around 10 seconds during sleep.
What Causes a Sleep Disorder?
There are various causes of sleep disorders:
- Conditions like heart disease, nerve disorders, lung disease, and pain
- Mental illnesses like anxiety and depression
- Some unknown causes
There are some factors also, which can contribute to sleep problems like:
- With increased age, people go to less or spend lesser time in deep and restful stages of sleep. They get easily awakened.
- Alcohol and Caffeine
- Irregular schedules like working night shifts.
Sleeping Disorder Symptoms
At times, you have sleeping problems because of stress, hectic schedules, or other external influences. If these aspects start interfering in your everyday life, they could cause a sleep disorder. A few of the sleep disorder symptoms include:
- Anxiety or irritability
- Daytime fatigue
- Difficulty in staying or falling asleep
- Lack of focus
- Strong urge for taking naps throughout the day
There are many kinds of sleep disorders and a few make that hard to go to sleep as well as sleep at the night. Others make that hard to reserve asleep after waking up in the night. Besides making you (as well as your family members you might be keeping conscious) feel tired, a lack of sleep could negatively affect your mood, concentration, energy, as well as overall health. However, you’re not the only one. Since COVID-19, a lot of Indian adults have reported some new sleeping challenges like difficulty in falling asleep 37%, difficulty in staying asleep 27%, as well as waking up at night 39%.
What are the Best Solutions for a Sleep Disorder?
According to the kind of sleep disorders you have, your physician may suggest a medical treatment including:
- A dental guard for teeth grinding
- Any surgery for sleep apnea
- Cold or allergy medication
- Medications for already existing health issues
- Melatonin supplements or sleeping pills
- Doing meditation for sleep disorder will relieve stress and helps sleep better.
Making some lifestyle adjustments may also improve the quality of sleep, particularly when joined with medical treatments. You might need to consider:
- Cutting back alcohol and tobacco use
- Drinking lesser water before going to bed
- Eating smaller and lower-carbohydrate meals before going to bed
- Establishing a consistent sleeping schedule as well as sticking to it
- Exercising for reducing anxiety and stress
- Increasing fish and vegetables in your diet, whereas reducing the sugar intake
- Limiting caffeine use, particularly in later afternoons or evenings