Which Doctor Should I Consult For Piles?Cureka Content1
Piles or Hemorrhoids are anorectal diseases. Every year, 1 Million new cases of piles get reported in India, and the majority of them come from the age group of 45-65 years. It is expected that 50-85% of the people across the world are suffering from piles.
To get a suitable diagnosis as well as to get the finest suitable treatments, we suggest you consult with a doctor rather than do self-diagnosing of a condition. Colorectal Doctors, Proctologists, Gastroenterologists, Anorectal Surgeons, General Practitioners, as well as General Surgeons are the medical specialists that can easily detect as well as cure piles.
You can get a consultation with the finest piles specialists or proctologists at your nearest locations by visiting their clinics. If piles are not treated in time, they may cause some severe or life-threatening problems like:
- Blood Clot Formation within Hemorrhoids
- Blood Loss
- Difficulty in Sitting and Walking
- Extensive Scar Development
- Extreme Pain in the Anal Area
- Fecal Impaction
- Pus Discharge from Anal Area
Whom to Consult for Piles?
In maximum cases, the disorder of piles could be diagnosed as well as managed by any general physician. However, in case of severe symptoms, you may have to consult a colorectal surgeon, a proctologist, or a gastroenterologist. In case, the main remedies fail in providing relief from symptoms, the dedicated doctors can offer advanced hemorrhoid treatments including:
- Laser Surgery: Laser surgeries for piles are a superior as well as preferred treatment of piles for both physicians as well as patients. As the process is done on an outpatient basis, people started choosing that in current times. In this procedure, a laser is concentrated on an affected area that seals the nerves and blood vessels. This treatment is non-intrusive as well as does not give any pain or pressure on the patient.
- Rubber Band Ligation: In this procedure, a surgeon positions a superior medical-grade rubber band at the base of piles that cuts off blood flow. It shrinks off piles as well as allows that to decrease automatically without any scar tissues.
- Hemorrhoid Stapling: It is used mainly for internal hemorrhoids where a surgeon removes piles of tissue with a stapling tool.
Symptoms When You need a Doctor for Piles
If you experience any of the given symptoms associated with piles, you need to make an appointment using a particular doctor in case:
- Over-the-counter medicines fail in providing relief from symptoms.
- The discomfort and pain in the anal area continue for very long.
- You feel shaky every time doing a bowel movement.
- You observe bright red-colored blood while passing stools.
- Your stool looks to be tar-like in color.
The pain, as well as symptoms, could be well-managed by given lifestyle habits:
- Don’t strain while passing stools.
- Drink plenty of water (6-8 glasses) every day
- Increase the fiber intake in your diet
- Limit alcohol and caffeine intake
- Use topical ointments if witness swelling in the anal area.
There’s no requirement to tolerate piles discomfort and pain. With proper treatment from the right doctor, it’s easy to live a comfortable life.