What is SPF in sunscreen gel? List of SPF rich sunscreens lotionsCureka
SPF stands for Sun Protection Factor, and it’s a measure of how long a Sunscreen gel protects against UV rays. In theory, sunscreen can last 20 times longer than nothing at all. By measure, an SPF over 15 in sunscreen will block nearly all UVB rays and about 93 percent of UVA rays. Any sunscreen over SPF 50 is most effective at blocking UVA rays, whereas SPF 100+ is usually only recommended by doctors for patients with photosensitive skin.
- UVA rays are responsible for tanning.
- UVB rays are usually considered sunburn rays.
How much cream will protect you from ultraviolet rays?
When using SPF 15 sunscreen, only 1/15 of the sun’s UVB rays will still reach the skin. When it comes to SPF 30 sunscreen, only 1/30 (3%) of the sun’s UVB rays will reach the skin. As such, a sunscreen with an SPF 100 should screen out 99% of the sun’s UVB rays. However, this does not address the UVA rays.
Is higher SPF Sunscreen gel better than SPF 15?
- It is not about which one is better. It is all about how much or how long protection you need.
- The SPF number determines how much time the sunscreen can protect your skin. On the other way around, how much time it took you to reapply the sunscreen. For Ex. SPF 50 protects you for 500 minutes (50*10) likewise, SPF 15 for 150 minutes, and so on.
- It doesn’t imply that a higher SPF sunscreen will protect you more than a lower SPF sunscreen.
- However, it surely implies that the higher SPF sunscreen will protect you for a longer time than the lower SPF one.
- Choose a sunscreen based on how much protection you need for a while.
List of sunscreen lotions
- Ethicare Caladew lotion
- Suncros Matte Finish Soft Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50+
- Regaliz Hydronic Moisturizing Lotion
- Aveeno Daily Moist Lotion
- Dermavive Moisturising Lotion
- Suncros Zinc Oxide Sunscreen Lotion
- Suncros Tint SPF 50+ Sunscreen Lotion
- Heliocare Airgel Spf 50+
Cureka provides you the advanced and highly enriched SPF sunscreens which are directly recommended by dermatologists. Our website has only a curated list of products that are hand-vetted by doctors. So, there is no point of confusion in buying healthcare products. You can prefer to choose from SPF sunscreens that can be applicable to your skin type.